Wednesday, February 20, 2008

you haven't seen the last of ME

Okay, so here are the last of my "ME's" I'm going to add for awhile. They are in no particular order, but then again, they say there is always something about everything you do... so maybe there is an order I don't know about!







Without a doubt I would have to include this, because I LOVE photography. As soon as I have a free minute I'm going to learn all there is about this thing (or maybe hopefully a newer one). That, and I don't want to EVER forget those expressions on my cute little ones!









I will have to admit, I really didn't want to put this up for a long time when we first got it. I hated the frame (and yes, the glass does need to be cleaned, I know). Matt's grandma painted this, and it's the one thing he really wanted. We were lucky enough to get it, but I wanted to reframe it. Now... I wouldn't touch it. I absolutley love it!











My grandpa, "Papa", had a bell route at his house. He would take all the little kids around the house and ring all the bells, or blow on the wind chimes. It was tradition. He also had one bell he always rang for prayers before a meal. When he passed, there was nothing that would mean more than to get a bell for my family. I searched until I found the one that felt just right, and now it's part of our family!










Speaking of Papa, this is his book. I love it. I think one of the biggest reasons is because it's the as close as I have to having one of his pieces in my home. Maybe one day. That and it's filled with poetry, so I can hear his voice any time I want.










Matt really didn't want this, I really did. Guess who won! And I'm glad, because it's one of my favorite pieces.











This one I love because it's one of the first pieces of furniature I bought once married. I loved it when I found it, and I still do. There is something about making a house yours for the first time.










Okay, so I know almost everyone has one of these now, but I didn't until my birthday. Now I do!











Okay, so I just really like this candle stick. And what do you know.. good 'ol walmart.











This was made for me, and when she made it I only had 2 kids at the time. There are three on there, and I have always loved thinking about that and how some things are just meant to be!









I have an attachment to this thing. It's more than just an external hard drive. It's the only electronic that made it through our break in a while back. If I could I would take this with me everywhere I go. All of our kids pictures from day one are on that thing and we would have lost them all. Agh!




So after doing this, I realized how much I do like design/art. Because most of what I picked out quickly, had to do with this. There is a whole other layer that sometime in the future I'll dig into more. But for now, I think I'm done here! There are too many other things I want to talk about!! Have a good one.

No comments: