Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a TOMATO rain



If he could remember to say it right, you would have read "tornado rain". But he can't so you'll still read tomato. Today is the perfect rainy day (like the picture? notice the rain is pushing up over the crack? Yes, that means it's starting on it's way into my garage. I might have to do something about that). We won't mention all the tornado warnings that have been blarring from the tv all morning long. Lets just say, despite what could have been, but wasn't, it is the perfect rainy day. It's been a downpour most of the morning, the weather is warm, and as hard as the sun has tried, it can't make it past the strategic blocking the clouds have so expertly managed. And I, well I have just wanted to curl up on the couch with a good book and nothing else planned but a nap. I've come down with something, most likely just your average cold, but just can't seem to pull myself together. These are the days you wish you could just help your kids to disappear. But only for a day. I wouldn't want them gone any longer than that I don't think. Give me my day, and I'll continue to give them my every other. But to explain to an 18 month old that your throat feels like it's been so badly sunburned you are about ready to drink that aloe vera, and your nose has inhaled a whale, or something to that affect.... they don't get it. Neither does the 4 year old. Okay, maybe she gets it, but the graviational pull she has in this world is naturally more important. Bug is currently at school, but as soon as he gets home he will want some attention, no down time, no attention, no down time. I don't think he knows what he wants when he gets home. School really wears the guy out by the time he gets home. And I think I hear the grocery store calling. Or is that our stomachs from the lack of food? We can live off instant potaoes can't we? I guess we'll find out.

So I've been doing fairly good with the reading. Okay, I'll quit being so modest, I'm kicking butt right now. I'm actually ahead of the nearly 6 pages a day. Atleast a couple of days ahead. Good time to not be feeling well, because all I want to do is read. I have to brag about this now because, who knows how long I'll keep this going. I will get finished on time though. Mark my word!

Okay, well it's my down time for the day. Ase is taking her nap and Nutmeg is in her quiet time. So I have a couple of options. Eat, then nap? Eat then shower (if you could smell me this might be your vote!)? Or Eat then read? I don't know. I guess I should start with the eat and we'll see how the wind blows.

No comments: