Sunday, July 18, 2010

a little less obvious

I was lucky enough to next go out to Utah for 3 days. It was a bit of an ordeal getting out there, and back for that matter.. but totally worth it. My brother was leaving for a 2 year service mission for our church (the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints), and I wanted to see him off. Sadly, this is the only picture I got of the entire "mini trip". I was at the airport waiting for my flight, and my parents were still hanging out with me. I pulled out my camera to show my dad how the flash was no longer working, and what do you know. It worked. Naturally it hasn't worked since. Either way, I guess it got me a photo. Kind of. Too bad I didn't get one with my brother in it. That would have been too obvious though. :) So there you have it. My dad holding my camera bag, and my mom my pillow.



I also need to say that during this short trip out we had a family tragedy, if that's what you'd call it. On the way to the family party, my Aunt who is already fragile from battling LAM disease was in a car accident with her family. There was a 4 car pile up, theirs being the 4th. The rest of the family was fine, however she broke her neck. C2 and L5 to be exact. She amazingly isn't paralyzed (although they said less than millimeters off from severing the spinal cord, which would leave her completely paralyzed), and despite two different hospital acquired infections, she might, just might be pulling through this. She has a pin in her neck, and we don't know the extend of her brain damage, although we are all hopeful. I was so grateful to be able to see her in the hospital before coming home, but wish I could be out there holding her hand for more support. She has to be one of the nicest, humblest and strong people God has ever placed on this earth. Sending prayers and as much love as I have your way my dear Aunt. I can't wait to see your smile again next time I come out.

No comments: