Tuesday, June 15, 2010

just a smile

Call it silly, or what you may, but smiley faces mean something special to me.

My Papa was an artist, and you'd see them creep up in things quite often.

My dad used that as his signature on everything. But his had a winking eye instead of the two generic circle eyes.

I even follow a blog that is all about faces found in random object, because it reminds me of these two very important people in my life. And really, what is there not to like about a happy face? Just makes you feel good if only for a brief second. So when I looked out my kitchen window and saw this one shining back at me, I was elated (and my kids thought it was just about the coolest thing ever)!

I took it as a sign that my Papa was smiling down on me in his own little way. I was oddly giddy inside it made me so happy. Then even happier that I could actually catch it in the camera. And it took us a VERY long time to figure out where the reflection was coming from. I almost didn't want to know because I didn't want the magic ruined. But curiosity killed the cat, and I discovered it. But trust me. That purse stayed there until there was no more smiley shining on our deck, and I now love that purse. Just because we had that brief moment of bonding. :)


1 comment:

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

Thanks a lot! After my day today, this post made me cry! LOVE IT! Thank you, it did make me smile and it did give me the warm fuzzes I needed. =}