Thursday, January 31, 2008

Being little is only Thinking little


Today I think it hit me. She is no longer my baby.

She folds her arms by herself for prayers, and keeps them folded the entire time. She cleans up everything in sight as soon as you mention the words, "clean up". She finds an item laying around the house and then wanders around trying to find the one who it belongs to. She can now ask for help whenever she needs it. She is starting to go potty in the toilet. She laughs at herself when she thinks she did something funny. She got the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher today and set the table. She pulled me to the table asking to eat. She's just growing up.

It always suprises me when I walk by the mirror while holding her, and realize how big she really is. Other people don't see this little baby in my arms. I think I'm the only one who sees that. I called her "Ase Baby" yesterday and she was so confused. She said "baby?" wondering why I was calling her one. She has all of her baby teeth (except those 2 year molars), and will eat anything you throw at her. She loves cuddly soft things, loves baby dolls, and loves her big brother and sister. She is the happiest go lucky kid, as long as she can keep in motion. She will play with anyone who will play back, and isn't scared of anything.

Man I love that girl.

1 comment:

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

i think that is the cutest picture i have ever seen!!!! holy cow!!! and she really has gotten big, i am always shocked and yet she does seem so little too. she is cute!