Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ever?

Do you ever feel invisible. Or maybe like you just don't belong somewhere, but that somewhere is where you are supposed to be? It seems, for me, there are these places. It doesn't matter how many times I visit here, or my intent when going. I come out the same person. The person who wonders where they have disappeared too. But how do we change the visit? I could change me to fit the situationa round me. Become seen. Or do we want to change really? If we are happy who we are, then maybe it's okay to be invisible sometimes. Maybe, it's not for you to be seen at that time. Maybe, just maybe, it's someone else who needs to be seen. And that's not always a bad thing. Just hard to swallow. Really hard.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think this was really deep Diana. I sometimes feel invisible and I guess you are right it isn't necessarily a bad thing. I liked this a lot.

Becky said...

I think the hardest thing is recognizing when someone else needs to be seen and you have to take a step back. It takes a lot of maturity and self awareness as well awareness of others to be able to do it.

Many times, when I have felt invisible, I come home feeling sorry for myself. But in retrospect, did I really want to be seen or am I better off being invisible. I usually find myself glad that I wasn't seen.

It definitely is hard! Thank you for a post to really make me think.