Thursday, January 29, 2009

100 days and not looking back

So last week Bug hit his "100th day of school". It was a big deal! I even was lucky enough to be able to go in and help with the festivities during class. The kids have been waiting so long for this day. I think it's cute. Makes me wonder if we did the same thing when I was in Kindergarten and I just don't remember. Funny how you could forget something that at the time was a HUGE mile marker. Either way, I had to get some pictures in his hat he made. Know one thing I love about this kid. He just doesn't care what others think. He wore this hat all day at school, when most had taken theirs off, and didn't care one bit. He even wore it for all of lunch. And when I went to pick him up from school... yup. Still wearing it! I hope that self confidence sticks.

This happened first thing that morning....

He said: "Mom, today's your lucky day."

Me: "Why is that?"

Him: "You get to go two places today mom. To my class to help, and to YW! That really is a lucky day for you!"

Me: (really thinking that I must get out more, but impressed at his thoughtfulness).









this would have to be one of Bugs best friends. And it couldn't have worked out better that I love his mom to pieces and they live right across the street. May neither of us EVER move!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun, I think I vaguely remember celebrating the 100th day of school. Bug looks so adorable in his hat, I was really impressed that he wore it all day long. When I first saw it I was like, oh how cute! PS-I am feeling so much better! I hope that everything back at your ranch is going well!

Becki said...

I love the hat Dia! Did you use your portrait lens? The lighting looks so good! I love how the hat matches his teeth. I can't wait for Logan to start losing his! :)