Thursday, September 20, 2007

What??

So I think I'm getting old. I went to the mall today to buy some pants. Yes, I already have about 20 pairs if pants, but not really. There are probably 5 in there that don't fit me anymore, thanks to larger hips. There are atleast 3 in there which we worn while pregnant and are easily 4 sizes too big, and the belt to hold them up is starting to get obvious. I then have atleast another 4 pairs that are so out of style I just can't bring myself to wear them. There are 3 dress pants, which you should know I never get the chance to wear.... ever! 1 pair in which I love and have had for years. The knees are completely worn through, and the holes are starting to get a little too big to pull off as trendy. I have 3 other pairs which also have holes in the knees, but I don't love them enough to hold on to forever. And that would leave me with I pair of pants left. The ones that I wear every day I want to look half decent, and I don't know how much longer the knees will hold up in those! Count them, that's really 20! So back to the point, today I went to the mall to get some pants, tried on 3 pairs, bought three pairs (because I couldn't decide with a stroller in the chaning room with me, and two kids crawling in and out of the changing room via under the door). It just wasn't working for me, but I was determined to get some pants. So I bought 3 pairs and decided to decide at home. You know what this means though. Another trip to the mall for the returns. Ugh. And after this 45 minute excursion (yes, I am fairly efficient when I am forced to be. That is 45 minutes from parking to pulling back out) I was exahusted. It was physically and mentally exauhsting. Yikes! I thought I like to shop. I always like to shop. Especially when I'm going with the intent to buy. So after I get back and decide I want it to be a good long while before I shop again my husband asks me if I want to go to the Prom with him. What?? That's right. The prom at his school. I laughed at him because I thought he was joking. He wasn't. I felt really bad. So, I'm going to have to go shopping again, but this time for something a lot less fun. Sigh.

1 comment:

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

at least you have a place to shop at! :) just kidding, have you found a dress yet?