Saturday, September 15, 2007

Homesick


I've been trying to figure out what is going on with me. I have this odd feeling that I can't shake. Don't get me wrong, I like this feeling. It feels very warm and comfortable, like curling up to someone that you love, but as soon as I get comfortable, I have to shift. I'm not quite in the right position yet, or the blanket keeps slipping off. Trying to figure this feeling out has been driving me crazy. Pregnant (thank goodness NO), forgot to pay a bill (yes, but that didn't resolve the feeling), something wrong (no, i think)..... I just don't know. Then it hits me. I am so longing for fall to start. For the warm days, and cool nights. To wear a light weight sweater and to curl up at night with a cup of hot cider. Fall has my favorite colors in it, which now thinking about it, my house is slowly transforming into these. Orange -the bathroom, Red -the kitchen, Gold- the living room, Brown- hopefully soon the bedroom. As I looked through the catalogs, I became more and more homesick feeling. But I wasn't homesick for home, it was for fall, of all things. I don't know why, it seems most people love fall more than the other seasons. Could it possibly be because it's the precursor to the Holidays, it's finally not sweltering hot out, or could it simply be that I love it because the colors are of my heart. To me, there is nothing more beautiful. I am a beach girl, which would translate into the ocean and the sand. But when I close my eyes and picture the perfect beach photograph, I notice the sand first. Not the water, but the sand. The brown sand. Maybe that's just my love affair with the fall right now, because if I think about it, that's insane. I know I love the water... but my eyes are saying something else right now. Strange. So now that I've come to discover this feeling that's been looming over me and causing a restlessness inside, I am going on a mission. I am going to paint. I am going to continue this transformation of my house into me, and for right now that means fall. So here I go.... I think I'll pain the hall first, which I'm thinking a nice warm yellow. Not a fall yellow, that might scare off anyone who decided to stop in, but a warm welcoming soft yellow. And I think I"m also going to find out how soon the pumpkin patch opens, and make a fall center piece for the table....

No comments: