Friday, October 2, 2009

Bored, and didn't know it

I just couldn't take it one more day. Really. I stood at the bottom of my stairs, with my list of things to do, in hand, and just couldn't bring my self to do it for an other day. I will no longer vacuum those stairs. They have been in desperate need of a re-do, and I just hadn't bucked up to the challenge. This was the day. The same day I had a million other things that really did need to be done. But no. I threw a fit, and this is how it looks. Because of this temper tantrum, I now have 7 blisters, and almost ready stairs. Matt can't get back into town early enough. I have a project waiting for his help. Wahoo! It's been way to long since we've done this. I forget how happy it makes me. :)


(Okay, so this is the before, but I have to give the disclaimer that I had already started ripping out the
upper stair carpet. So all that mess in NOT how our stairs usually look. I swear!!!)




I know you're dying to see how they turn out. You are, aren't you! Give me the weekend and hopefully we'll be looking at those beauties next week. Or, at least somewhat more beautiful. :)

5 comments:

Katie and Dave said...

It's about time! woo hoo! can't wait to see! are you painting?

Michelle said...

You go girl. I bet it is going to look awesome.

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Becki said...

I can't wait either!

Elizabeth said...

I want a lesson some time in how to do this yourself...i desperately want to do the same thing at my house! what did you do next? did you paint/stain? you rock!